Bonjour Autumne!

This doesn't look like autumn? It is, but with sun and a view to kill.

This looks more like it.

Beach facing St. Raphael

Chateau de Vaucouleurs in Puget sur Argens

Bonjour! I hear, where has she been for such a long time?! Excuse I, I've been lounging about at the Côte d’Azur for a while, hiding away in a little charming villa near St. Raphael, up on a mountain, with views to the sea and the massifs des Maures and l'Esterel either side. It was so beautiful, I swear, I could gawp at the view the entire day (if one lives in a big flat city, a nice view is definitely appreciated!) actually without moving to much, just from the bottom pool terrace and up again to drink chilled rosé. It was good to have some real summer, after we had been cheated on ours this year. So out came the Espadrilles, Fedora, shorts and stuff I didn't have the chance to wear much the last months. The food and wine were truly brilliant, we indulged in local Cotes de Provence wine, that we sourced from "Chateau de this" and "Domaine de that" close to us (plenty, mind you), and I have eaten more meat than I usually do in half a year, but the different cuts and quality you get in France are just fantastic. Not to mention their Pâtisserie Paradise: Millefeuilles, Trianons, Gateauxs. The strange thing was, with all the croissants, baguettes and meat and desserts, we didn't put on any weight, in fact - we lost some! Must be the french diet, non? Anyhow, it was good to take a break and get the energy levels up and running again! Now it's smack bang autumn, and I can wear my corduroys. Not bad either. Talk and catch up with you soon! Bisous, xxx



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © ultimate style. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Click Bank Engine.