Crowns Union Jacks Kitsch and Celebrations

Kept the Tatler November 2009 edition





This weekend marks the 60th anniversary of the reign of Queen Elizabeth II, and being half English I sort of grew up with the Royal Family, whether you liked them or not, and knowledge about them was picked up naturally. I realised this the other day, when my husband and I were watching a documentary about the upcoming Jubilee weekend, that I was able to rattle down their complete family connection. Then there's her unmistakable style that makes her so unique and stand out as a monarch in the world! I also have fond memories of my Granny hanging a giant vintage Union Jack flag on the house at these occasions and us all toasting to her at dinner, and the look on her face and the "Ooh I say!" remark at my Smiths Tshirt that read "The Queen is Dead". The stories of my Grandmother attending a garden party at Buckingham Palace and my Grandfather receiving an OBE (Order of British Empire) are all to present, and yes, I do own the one or other passed down piece of kitsch in form of commemorative mugs ( I wish I had this old flag though). Here's to some great memories a toast to the Queen and wishing you all a fun Diamond Jubilee weekend! As the Sex Pistols used to sing...God Save The Queeen...


My Silver Jubilee Mug
Tatler June 2012...What her Corgis really think!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © ultimate style. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Click Bank Engine.